Please Pray this Prayer to St. Josaphat for a New Principal
We are searching for a principal for St. Josaphat School to start on July 1, 2017.
If you have specific qualities that you would like to see in our new principal, please let us know.
We have scheduled our first candidate interview on Saturday, April 29. Please continue to keep the process in your prayers!
The Principal Selection Committee is making steady progress towards finding our new principal. The committee wrote a St. Josaphat-specific principal job description, which is being posted as an addendum to the required Archdiocese principal job description. The job has been posted on the Archdiocese of Chicago Office of Catholic Schools job board, as well as on the sites of neighboring dioceses. We have also posted on Notre Dame's Alliance for Catholic Education job board, and the sites of several other Catholic universities known for their education departments.
All candidates must apply through the Archdiocese. We have reviewed the resumes of 12 pre-approved candidates so far, and reached out to 4 of them. There are several additional resumes to review at our next meeting. We are developing our first round of interview questions, and are scheduling interviews for after Spring Break.
We are hopeful that we will able to hire a new principal so that he or she will have some time to transition from Miss Cannon in June. Please continue to keep the process in your prayers.
So how does this process work?
- Our open position is currently posted on the Archdiocesan job posting website and on the Notre Dame Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) job board.
- Our first task as a Selection Committee is to create a St.-Josaphat-specific Principal Job Description and update these job postings.
- Next, we will determine where else to post and/or advertise the job. You can help, too! Please share the job posting with family, friends, family and acquaintances.
- Regardless of how they enter the pipeline, all principal candidates for Archdiocesan schools must apply through the Office of Catholic Schools (OCS), who vets the candidates before we interview them.
- The Selection Committee will next focus on preparing questions and scenarios for the first round of interviews, then conduct these interviews.
- The School Board will interview candidates who are recommended for a second round of interviews.
- A final recommendation will be made to Fr. Rich.
Principal Selection Committee
Fr. Richard Prendergast, Pastor
Fr. Francis Bitterman, incoming Pastor (July 1)
Christine Frech, Chair
Ms. Jen Kowieski, Upper Grades Teacher Representative
Mrs. Emily Senchuk, Lower Grades Teacher Representative
Amy Cascarano, School Board President
Brad Vesprini, School Board Secretary
Tracy Biskner, School Board
Heather Dunkel, School Board
Kelly Smith, School Board
Kate York, Athletic Director
Lisa Steele, PTO
Dodie Horenkamp, parent
Deacon Pat Casey, parishioner at-large
Watch this space and the bulletin for updates!
-last updated March 21, 2017